Monday, August 22, 2011

The Imminent &$@*!%

Our wonderful boda drivers

We knew this time would come.

We tried to avoid it by referring to it as "bad words," but it always loomed in the back of our minds, on the tip of our tongues.

We're leaving today.

On one hand, seven weeks is a blink of an eye. It's not that long. Then again, so much has happened in these weeks that it feels like a lifetime. It usually takes a lifetime for some of the things that have happened in this short time. It goes without saying that it will be hard to leave; there's so many ties here now. I can safely say what I've heard Hannah say since her last trip here: My heart won't be whole until eternity.

I'm torn. These people, these relationships, make it impossible for your heart to stay intact going back home. It's not fair! ;) I want to tell them that I'm coming back as soon as I can, but only God knows if that is actually in the works, which is the harsh reality.

I'm sooooooo excited to start this new life back home. I just wish that didn't mean leaving here.

We were baptized in the Nile River the Saturday before last, and I dedicated this new life wholeheartedly to serving God however He wanted to use me. You can read about the day here. It was a day filled with emotion and new beginnings. Even before this trip, I felt this year would be based on relationships. I had been waiting until now to start rebuilding with people I've withdrawn from and somehow knew this trip is what would be the kickstart. But now I know I'm ready for it. I'm ready to not hide anymore.

And I know this change that has been established here is not finished. God will continue to cultivate and develop the seeds he's planted in my heart. Please keep me in your prayers as this new journey begins. :)

Thank you all for the prayers while I was sick; I know they were pivotal in the recovery.

I love you all so much and wish you the best of days,
-Sarah-

1 comment:

  1. oh my beautiful sister ... i love you so much its not even funny! I have been praying for you since the day i hugged you at Entebbe airport. God is always by your side and I am so happy to be here on the other side of the world waiting to hug you again as a changed woman :D i love you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete