Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Togezza

-From Hannah's Journal-
The gifts He gives.... love, joy, hope, mercy, grace... blow my mind. I can't fathom the beauty of His acceptance. Why me? What have I ever done to deserve His love? Tewali (tay-wa-lee)... nothing... nothing at all. And yet, He loves me. He.Loves.Me. His love pours down in torrents, in bucketfuls, in great showers, like the amazing Uganda rain hitting the roof and making rivers in the road.

We can't know His love unless we accept His gifts. His gift of people, of relationships, of together, is His greatest way of revealing His fullness. I could never experience His full capacity.... Him... in all His greatness without the love of people. Each of us carries a piece of Him, of His love, that no one else has. If I don't give of myself to others, how will they know the part of Him I carry? Others need me, just as much as I need them.



                                          Robyn, Sarah, Me, Blair, Rose
I sat beside Blair this morning, holding her hand, resting my head on her shoulder... as we all visited together out on the veranda. And I was struck by the sheer beauty of it all... that I can see Jesus in Blair, Rose, Sarah, Uncle Paul, Auntie Pam, Solomon, Jimmy, Robyn, and Jeff. They are each so different, but that uniqueness is what brings life. By us living out who God made each of us to be, we're opening our hearts for Him to work.

And I'm still learning how to give. We all are. It's a journey, a process, but together, in unified in Christ, that process is sweeter, fuller, and richer.

Thank you all for loving me, for believing in me. For giving me a piece of Jesus through your individual love. I know I couldn't do this without you all!! 
I love you!
Hannah

5 comments:

  1. Love you, Rosie Rosie. So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing love...amazing GG...how could it be?! My heart is full with you...love you deeply :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, love you too O'Shiree :)

    You're amazing Madre!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read what the Father is doing in your heart. You are amazing. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete